So yeah…I’m pretty surprised but very honored to have been nominated for a third award! Let’s look at the rules
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Answer five questions from the nominator.
- Nominate from 10 to 20 bloggers.
- Notify the bloggers by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, including one weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best post.
Well, I’ve done the first two. I’m more than happy to carry out the third rule – I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Richenbaum Fotchenstein who writes ace stuff about games like this post about a gaming session he had. It involves Rolling Thunder 2 so it’s definitely worth your time.
Next up, I need to explain the Mystery Blogger Award. I’m going to steal the quote from Richenbaum Fotchenstein…sorry!
*The award was created by Okoto Enigma*
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
Three things about me? Ok…let’s see.
1) – I don’t drink. I’m teetotal. It’s an awkward moment whenever I meet someone new…it’s that moment of conversation when someone says something like “Ah, nothing wrong with a couple of beers on a Friday, eh?” My first reaction is always “I don’t drink.” I don’t mean it to sound prissy, but it does. I’m surprised I don’t keep rambling after that…telling them that smoking is bad, don’t take sweets off strangers and you should never go swimming on an empty stomach etc. I don’t have a problem with people drinking, it’s just not for me.
There’s no big reason for it either (I’m not religious or have any family problems relating to alcohol) – it just relates to a health problem I had in my teens. As a result, I quit drinking at 18 and never went back. I don’t miss it either. It’s always lots of fun to tell new people I meet though…I may as well just shout “I CAN’T BOND WITH PEOPLE I DON’T REALLY KNOW AS MY FAVOURITE DRINK IS WATER NOT BEER.”
2) – I hate the cold. Can’t stand it. I grew up in a cold room and it just irritates me. Luckily, I live in the north of England which has tropical temperatures and long hot summers so it’s rarely a problem.
That last sentence is a complete lie. 2018 feels like an eternal winter to me so far, I often joke to the wife that it’s like Frozen and we’re cursed. I love summer, I’d rather be too hot than too cold.
3) – As a fan of Kevin Smith’s film, one of the references that always sticks with me is the number 37, which is frequently referred to in his films. At least once a day, I’ll add something up and it’ll come to 37 or a number I need for a record (like an address in work) will be number 37. It’s a really weird thing but it’s stuck in my head now and happens at least once a day. I often smile to myself when that happens…I can’t explain it but it happens so frequently. If I’m ever asked to guess a number on a TV quiz, I’m going for 37.
Now I’ve got to answer five questions from Mr Fotchenstein…
1 – What is your favorite sugary breakfast cereal and why?
I don’t eat cereal as it’s irresistible to my sugar addicted brain. I had a horrific granola addiction a few years ago, where all I did was sleep, work and eat granola behind my family’s back. So now, it’s porridge or sausages, eggs and beans. No cereal – sugar and milk are a dangerous combination!
2 – Blue pill or red pill? In other words, would you want to be pulled out of the matrix to live a dirty cave in the middle of a radioactive wasteland having shitty raves, eating nothing but cave moss and bugs for life, and getting murdered by robots or would you rather stay in there and eat the tasty digital steak?
Probably the red pill for me. To be honest, I spent most of my life looking at a screen so I’m practically in the Matrix anyway. Plus, that means I might get one of those ace leather jackets, so yeah, red pill for me.
3 – Who is your favorite superhero(ine) and why?
Batman. Always Batman. I love the dark, moody Batman – used to love reading the comics (Year One, The Killing Joke and Titanfall; Bane come to mind) and I love the darker films. The Nolan trilogy was great (I need to watch them again really). I love Batman’s rogue gallery too, the best in my opinion. Two Face, Joker, Riddler, even obscure ones like Mad Hatter or Cyclist Man…OK, I made the last one up. No, actually that’s one of my enemies…but don’t start me on cyclists…
I actually cheered when I saw Scarecrow in the Nolan Batman sequels…I loved the continuity. I don’t think any other super hero franchise goes that deep.
4 – What is your favorite video game specifically from your childhood and why?
Tough question….I’ll say Sonic The Hedgehog on the Master System. It’s decent, no classic but I loved it as a kid. It was a game that showcased the underdog Master System perfectly and a game I actually dedicated some time into beating. It was so simple, yet so much fun and I’d argue it’s better than 90% of the Sonic games that came after it, on all formats.
5 – Would you like to live forever and why or why not?
Nah, immortality isn’t for me. Everything has to have an end, so you can appreciate how good it was. Plus, it would be time to give someone a turn at life. I don’t want to get in the way of a new generation…I’d rather go quietly and let others live their lives.
To be fair, an eternity playing old games I’ve missed out isn’t grabbing me either. I don’t want to be tracking down copies of Metroid at the age of 3,486! With less time living, I’d be motivated to make better use of that time. If you tell me I’ve got forever, then I’d take my time and nothing would get done!
Here are my nominees…apologies if you’ve already done this/don’t want to do this!
And my five questions?
1 – Do you follow a sports team? (I’m an Everton fan, though my interest has waned of late!)
2 – Do you have any tattoos? If not, what tattoo would you get? (I haven’t got any, though I’d love to get one…just not sure what to get)
3 – If you could share an apartment with any video game/film/TV character, who would it be and why? (I reckon Max Payne would be pretty quiet and there would always be painkillers available)
4 – What’s the saddest song you’ve ever heard? (Nutshell by Alice in Chains for me, especially the Unplugged version)
5 – What would the title of your autobiography be? (Mine would just be ‘Redression’ with a picture of me made from copies of Dynamite Dux)
Finally, link my best post? I don’t think I have a ‘best’ post, but I do have a post that might help future generations if they see The Flintstones on the Master System. Don’t do it kids!!!!